Since 1992 Lee T. Snook, Jr., M.D. has been dedicated to the growing field of pain medicine. He is the President and Founder of MPMC. Dr. Snook has successfully treated thousands of individuals suffering with pain. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Anesthesiology with Subspecialty Certification in Pain Medicine, is Board Certified in Pain Medicine, and is a Diplomat of the American Board of Addiction Medicine. He is a Qualified Medical Evaluator and is a certified Medical Review Officer (MRO). Dr. Snook is an active contributor to the advancement of medicine.
Lee Thomas Snook, Jr., MD, FACP, DAMPM, FASAM is President and Founder of Metropolitan Pain Management Consultants, Inc., a Medical Group accredited by the Association for Ambulatory HealthCare (AAAHC), in Sacramento, California. He operates a full time private practice, as a solo physician, and has practiced in Sacramento since 1985.
After earning his medical degree from the University of Nevada School of Medicine in Reno, Dr. Snook completed an internal medicine internship and residency, and an anesthesiology residency at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison.
He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Anesthesiology with Subspecialty Certification in Pain Medicine, is Board Certified in Pain Medicine, and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Addiction Medicine. He is a certified Medical Review Officer (MRO).
He was the Residency Training Director at the University of California Davis Medical Center from 1985 to 1986. He practiced as a solo hospital based Anesthesiologist, and was a founding father of Metropolitan Anesthesiology Consultants, a multi-specialty anesthesia group. He ultimately established Metropolitan Pain Management Consultants where he has practiced since 1992. He has current staff privileges at the Sutter and Dignity hospitals in Sacramento, Folsom and Roseville, as well as the Greater Sacramento Surgery Center.
He has been a member of the California Medical Association (CMA) since 1985 and a member of the House of Delegates since 1992. He was the CMA Representative to the American Medical Association (AMA) Guides to Impairment, 6th edition 2006-2008 and 7th Edition 2008-present. He is the current chair of the Worker’s Compensation Technical Advisory Committee, a committee member since 2003, the CMA representative to the Division of Worker’s Compensation Medical Evidence Evaluation Advisory Committee (MEEAC), CMA representative to the DWC MEEAC Chronic Pain and the Medical Treatment Utilization Schedule (MTUS) as a subject expert (chronic pain), and the recipient of the prestigious 2015 Carrie Nevans Community Service Award for Northern California.
He has been CMA representative to Blue Shield of California Quality Advisory Board since 2009.
He is the Solo and Small Group Mode of Practice Trustee to the Board of the CMA. Member of SSGPF since it’s inception in 1995 serving as Committee Vice Chair, Chair, Vice President, and President of the delegation. He was the recipient of the prestigious Golden Dinosaur Award in 2006. He has been the CMA representative to the California Society of Addiction Medicine Public Policy Committee for over 10 years. He is the Delegate to the AMA for the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP).
He has been Committee Chair for many CMA Technical Advisory Committees, Reference Committee Member and Chair, Diversion Advisory Council and Liaison Committee to the Medical Board of California Diversion Committee
Dr. Snook is a member of the following organizations:
- Fellow of both the American College of Physicians and the American Society of Addiction Medicine.
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Pain Society
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- California Academy of Pain Medicine
- California Society of Addiction Medicine
- California Society of Anesthesiologists
- California Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- International Spine Intervention Society
- International Anesthesia Research Society
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- North American Spine Society
- Sierra Sacramento Valley Medical Society
- State of California Department of Industrial Relations Industrial Medical Council Qualified Medical Examiner
- DWC MEEAC (Medical Evidence Evaluation Advisory Committee) Specialty pain medicine
- California Medical Association, Vice Speaker, member of executive committee
- Expert reviewer for the Medical Board of California and subject matter expert